Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Final Countdown

So yesterday was my 37 1/2 week check-up. I guess I could round up to 38, which is tomorrow. I'm dilated 3cm and about 50% effaced.

My doctor wanted to go ahead and schedule an induction for next week. There's really not a way she'll be there if we don't. I had told her a few weeks ago I really wanted to go into labor on my own- for the sole purpose of finding out for myself how much pitocin makes a difference in delivery. I have nothing against inducing! I am just curious. (Brian thinks that's silly and has been trying to tell me to schedule an induction for over a month!) So we scheduled an induction for next Thursday, May 21st- 7:00am. Of course, there is still a chance Emma will make her own entrance which is fine too!

My doctor did warn me that even with an induction, since I'm not delivering at her hospital, there's a chance she won't make it in time. For one, she thinks I will have a short labor once it starts. And two, she has a 15-20 minute drive from her hospital. She is going to give the nurses strict instructions to call her as soon as I reach a 7. Since I won't have an epidural they can't hold off pushing until she arrives. I would like her to be there, but if she misses it because I have such a short labor I won't mind.

It's nice to have a final date. And by this time next week I'll be having a baby. I can't wait to meet this sweet girl!

2 comments:

drbaucom said...

Yeah!!! Next Thursday!!!

lacyj said...

emma....please come soon! we want to see your beautiful face!