Thursday, July 30, 2009

As Ethan would say, "I QUIT!"

I posted on Tuesday about quitting my job. Vague- I know. But at the time I didn't have time to write much about it and I wanted to mark the day I did it.

So, about quitting my job...

I've been praying for some time (and if you read my blog often you know) about whether or not I should stay home, stay at this job, get a new job, etc. In the last few weeks, the office has been almost unbearable for me. I've shed some tears, been angry and hurt and I knew that God had a better place for me. (Today is the first time in 3 weeks that Linda has spoken nicely if at all to me.) I knew there could possibly be an opportunity at a pre-school for me and began praying that God would work it out if it was His will for our family.

Last Thursday, Brian and I knew we needed a different child-care situation. Brian has been watching the kids while I am at work. He loves spending time with them, but two is much more difficult that one. Especially one baby and a wild and crazy 3 year old.

An hour later, Kristi sent me a message. She had an opening and wondered if I wanted it. I quickly replied with a yes. Right now I’ll be working one day a week and both my children will go with me. I may be there a few more days if she needs me. Time will tell.

I am so excited about this new adventure. Ethan is really excited to be going to a new school. (He’ll still remain at his old MDO on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He’d miss all his girlfriends! Not joking.) I’m excited to be with my kids each day- or at least be close to them. I’m excited that Brian can work a shift that allows us to actually see each other more than 2 days a week. I’m excited to see Kristi more often. I’m excited to work in a place that people act like 4 year olds because THEY ARE. Just all around excited.

God has been so faithful in providing this opportunity for me! Thank you, Jesus!

3 comments:

zum the mum said...

Yea! Yea! Yea!!! That is awesome news. I'm telling you, preschool has been a huge answer to prayer for MANY of us. I know it is for you too. I must say that I'm jealous that you and Kristi will get to see each other on a weekly basis, but that will be so fun! Oh Lauren, I'm so happy for you.

drbaucom said...

Yeah! I'm so happy that this has worked out for you. It's just wonderful. I miss you!

Jamie said...

Congrat's! I'm happy everything worked out for you. Looking forward to our girls night out Friday! Yay!!!