Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tales from the Land of Mouse Part 2

Sunday morning Brian and I slept in at our resort and leisurely awaited Ethan's arrival. Mom, Dad, Bobba and Doda brought him to us after church Sunday morning. As soon as he arrived we headed to the bus stop for the Magic Kingdom.



Ethan and Daddy wait for the bus.


Ethan and Mommy.


(for whatever reason, Ethan continually stuck his tongue out in random photos.)




As soon as we arrived at the Magic Kingdom we rented a stroller. This had both pros and cons.




Pros: 1. I didn't worry about losing our stoller. 2. We didn't have to haul it back and forth to the hotel. 3. Stroller rentals are good in all of the parks- just show that day's reciept.




Cons: 1. Ethan had to walk or be given a piggy back ride for various things: from the bus to our room...IN THE BACK, from the bus to the park entrances...long way, through Downtown Disney so Mommy and Daddy could shop, etc.




Anyway, we arrived and took the train back to Frontierland. One of our favorite restaurants is there, El Pirata y El Perico.



On the train



After lunch we headed to Mickey's Toon Town Fair to meet and greet characters.

First, we met Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. The line wasn't too long and foretunately it was air-conditioned. I think it only took about 25 minutes total. Not bad.


Hugging Mickey Mouse.




Giving Mickey high fives.


Ethan with Mickey and Minnie. (I really, really regret not getting all of us with them but Ethan would not allow Brian or me in the photo. I'm sure you're saying- who's the adult? I am. But I prefer not to have a meltdown in front Mickey.)


After meeting Mickey, Brian took Ethan on Goofy's Brainstormer Roller Coaster. I wasn't sure if Ethan would like it. He didn't like the small dragon roller coaster at the fair adn this was was even bigger. Turns out- he loved it! Being pregnant I couldn't ride but he and Brian really enjoyed that one.


Next, we headed toward Fantasyland. The wait for Peter Pan's Flight was over an hour. We decided to get fast passes and come back after we had done the other rides.

It's a Small World is one of my favorites and the line was only 15 minutes.

Ethan on our boat.



I love this hippo. She makes me smile. On a completely random note, "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" is one of my favorite holiday songs. I know all the words. Something about hippos makes me happy.



Ethan personally liked the giraffes the best.


And I threw in a picture of the elephant so it didn't feel left out. Can you tell the jungle scene is my favorite?


Still singing we got in line for Dumbo. Ethan remembered this ride from last year and wanted to ride again. He informed me that he was riding with Daddy, not me. I'm sure he knew Daddy would go higher than Mommy. And also that he wanted a blue elephant and I needed a purple one.



Brian and Ethan ready for take-off.




The castle as viewed from Dumbo.


Once we were safely on the ground again we walked over to Frontierland. Again. We caught up with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.


Ethan was a little nervous meeting Captain Hook.



Ethan with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee


Pirates of the Caribbean is right across from where Hook and Smee were. We literally walked right onto the ride! No line at all. I couldn't believe it.


It was finally time for our Peter Pan's Flight, so we walked back to Fantasyland.


Peter Pan's Flight

Brian took Ethan on the bumper cars ride...another one I couldn't ride.



Ethan wouldn't look at the camera- he was concentrating on not hitting the wall...again. Brian said everytime they'd hit something Ethan would laugh hysterically.

Ethan was so proud of himself. They gave him his driver's license.
We decided to walk over to Tomorrowland and wait in line for Buzz Lightyear. It said it was a 20 minute wait but due to "technical difficulties" it was at least 30 or 40. Once we finally got on the ride it would randomly stop. A lovely recording would continually advise us to stay in our "vehicle" so I took the opportunity to snap a family photo.


Ethan shooting at the targets.

Our family picture in front of Cinderella's castle. (See Laura- I AM pregnant!)

We stuck around for part of the fireworks but headed out of the park before the finale. I was exhausted and my feet hurt. Ethan was tired and running a fever (high fever- which he had the rest of the trip. Turned out to be an ear infection which we found out when we got home)


1 comment:

Patricia said...

I'm so impressed that you walked so much when you are so pregnant! Looks like you guys had alot of fun. I can't wait to take Will there in a few years!