Sunday, January 31, 2010

Halloween and Thanksgiving

Catching up...

HALLOWEEN! I love Halloween. It is one of my favorite holidays. It's even more fun when you are a parent. And rather than tell you all about it I'll just show you some pictures.


Emma the Octopus at Moter's Day Out. She really does have 8 legs- just look closely.
Caleb and Ethan a.k.a. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee the Transformers

Emma and Mommy


Lindsay came in town for the weekend (which was also Mom's birthday weekend). This was the only picture they were all looking at the camera.



See?

Brian and Lindsay
My beautiful family.
We had fun. We trick-or-treated in Mimi and Papa's neighborhood then came back to ours. Our neighborhood is always lively!
THANKSGIVING

Sadly, I have no pictures from Thanksgiving. It's probably because I was busy in the kitchen all morning. And, pardon me for tooting my own horn, it was probably the best meal I have ever made. The gravy was by far the best I've ever made. That's not saying alot considering my gravy is rarely ever great. But I don't generally eat it so it's hard to make.
My parents were in Florida and my sister went to her in-laws. My Uncle Paul and Papa Charles came over for lunch and we stuffed ourselves. We also had leftovers for a week!
Emma tried some sweet potatoes and really liked them. I'm hoping she'll continue to like them so I won't be the only one who eats them.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I LOVE sweet potatoes. I make a sweet potato casserole every year. There are a couple of other people who eat them, but I don't care if no one else does. I'm still making that casserole!

Joel & Joanna said...

It's funny to be reading about Halloween in February :) But I totally get not having time to post on your blog. We miss ya'll and glad to know things are going well. Hugs!

Unknown said...

That octopus costume is the cutest thing I have ever seen!
I think it is so funny to hear that you are the only one to eat sweet potato's, when I am the only one in my family that won't eat them! lol